Life After Centre

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Need a Hobby!

With graduation approaching and my activities winding down, I have a fear of boredom. Centre has always kept me busy. Now I am afraid that I won’t be busy enough. This blog is one hobby, but there are lots of other things that I would like to do with my free time. One thing that I haven’t really done in college is explore my creative side. In high school I acted, wrote scripts, designed costumes, and painted sets. Likewise, I also used to be relatively athletic; playing basketball and going to the gym on a regular basis. Over the years I have also given up horseback riding. None of this was intentional, over the years I replaced one activity with another and now that I will be leaving college I hope to have more free time on my hands.
Here are a few ideas that I have come up with:
-Quilting
            I have always loved working with my hands. When I was making my tutu for Bid Day this past weekend I realized how much I missed creative, hands-on activities. I put a few quilting books on my Amazon.com wish list. I hope to read a few and then maybe get a sewing machine this summer.
-Running
            It’s been a really long time since I have done anything athletic. I’d like to get back in shape, start out walking and build up to running.  Or maybe I could get a bike and try something like that. My one problem here is allergies. Spring and fall can be the worst for being outdoors. I would like an athletic hobby I could take indoors if I have to.
I am open to suggestions. Leave comments or premature requests for a quilt :).

No comments:

Post a Comment