Life After Centre

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things To Do in London When You're Dead (Tired)

Sorry its been so long since my last post. London, as you can tell from the title is exhausting. This post will be about getting to London, which was an adventure in and of itself. I left for London ,Tuesday the 15th, with the expectation of arriving in London on the 16th. I am happy to report that is just what happened. The flight was lovely and I caught up with a fellow Centre student on my flight from Atlanta to Heathrow Airport in London. My baggage even arrived on time! Two Centre students and I took a rented car from the airport to our flats. That was definitely a good decision. The late flight made arriving in London at 9am a bit disorienting. The driver was very pleasant and helped load our considerable amount of luggage into his van. When we go to the flats it was time for showers and a quick nap. That evening our program directors showed us the neighborhood and took us out to a quaint little Italian restaurant that is across the street from our housing complex. One of our quick stops was the British Museum which is about a 5 minute walk from our classroom. It was gorgeous and I am sure I will go back many time while I am here to explore the exhibits.We also got our first introduction to English grocery stores (definitely not Walmart, but more on that topic later). By the time we crawled into bed there was no question that we would all sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment